Project 3 Mobility is looking for a talented and curious CMF designer who has had some previous exposure in an automotive setting. The candidate will have an interest in new material technologies and sustainability, experience in liaising with suppliers, and a driven character to turn those ideas to reality. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on a new mobility project, looking a materiality from a totally different perspective and using previous knowledge to support their decision making.
The successful applicant will be based in our Zagreb office amongst our creative team, with travel to the UK site.
The CMF Designer role will primarily focus on the delivery of interior CMF content, liaising and traveling to suppliers to support implementation. They will also mentor a junior designer and support a wide range of research and strategic tasks. The successful candidate will be meticulous and methodical in tracking their progress, and ready and flexible to jump onto any task at hand. Development for the individual is provided by the head of CMF.
Project 3 Mobility is a growing start-up which aims to change mobility as we know it, so if you are motivated to make a shift in your career now is the time! We are at the beginning of a long and promising journey, so come and join us to make your mark!
- Lead the implementation of all interior content
- Supplier engagement and development of materials to meet testing standards
- Research new suppliers and inspiring techniques
- Compile trend information relevant to the brand and useful to the wider business, which would include regional research for specific locations
- Research and map consumer lifestyle and design trends arising from the latest developments in fashion, product, digital and interior design, arts, and culture etc.
- Collaborating with Engineers, Procurement and Quality teams, suppliers, and designers, to develop material technologies and strategies that are production friendly without compromising the design intent
- Support CMF team with any urgent tasks that require group input
- Organizing and implementing efficient channels of collaboration and communication with the cross functional teams (both internal and external) to ensure the smooth functioning
- additional tasks as determined by line management
Independent research and decision making
Detailed and precise documenting of interior content via a brochure release
Upkeep of brochures to latest data
Keep good, professional, and polite relationships with external suppliers
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Industrial Design, Transportation Design, Textile Design, Color and Material Design, Product Design or similar
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Design skills - able to visually express and communicate ideas (i.e., sketching, visuals, mood boards, renders)
- Required Design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, office)
- Beneficial skills (VRED, InDesign, Blender Substance, Grasshopper)
- Curious and open to being given direction
- A creative and strategic thinker
- Strong interest in forecasting cultural and lifestyle trends
- Interpersonal skills - Communication and creation of ideas in an engaging and pulpable way
- Good organizational skills and proactive attitude
- All candidates MUST submit a portfolio/personal website to be considered for this position.
SENIORITY LEVEL: 1 - 4 Years Industry Experience Required
START DATE: December 1st