Project 3 Mobility is looking for an External Logistics Operations Lead who would work within the Logistics & Supply Chain Department, to develop and implement P3’s Inbound Supply Chain and Material Control methodology, processes, and systems. The ideal person would have 5+ years of relevant experience in the automotive / manufacturing industry who has been responsible for Inbound parts supply including the Inbound Transportation. The person must be able to demonstrate a pro-active approach to supplier engagement to ensure delivery targets are consistently met. The candidate must be able to define and implement the necessary supplier / parts monitoring processes and systems to ensure the delivery schedules are always achieved. The person would be working directly for the Head of Logistics & Supply Chain, and will be instrumental in establishing the Operational structure, and robust working methods that are needed to make P3 a successful manufacturer. The person will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of P3’s ERP “Ordering System” and the successful integration to P3’s Tier 1 suppliers. A high emphasis will be placed on the robust and timely monitoring of Supplier performance of their On-Time adherence to their Parts Schedules as this is a key component for a “smooth” parts Supply Chain and the avoidance of disruption to the Production Areas of the business. Where failure to Schedules have occurred, the candidate is expected to swiftly contain the failure and go on to fully countermeasure the root cause of the issue. Therefore, we are looking for an organized, structured, and analytical individual with great inter-personal skills.
The External Logistics Operations Lead needs a deep understand international supply chains and transportation operations to be able to bring the “best in class” solutions to P3’s Inbound parts supply. The Person will have to coordinate with both internal and external stakeholders. The person must demonstrate technical and commercial acumen with experience of negotiating with and the managing of Logistic Service providers to ensure “Best Service” is always provided. The role requires strong Project management in the planning and successful execution of Tactical goals during the Pre-Production Stages of the programme. Proficiency in written and spoken English is a must. The location of the role is in the UK with regular travel to Croatia is expected.
Project 3 Mobility is a growing start-up which aims to change mobility as we know it, so if you are motivated to make a shift in your career now is the time! We are at the beginning of a long and promising journey, so come and join us to make your mark.
- Development of cohesive Inbound Parts Control and Logistics Delivery Strategies
- Development of Parts Ordering, Materials Control methodologies to provide high levels of Parts Delivery Service to the Production Facility.
- Support the development and implementation of the ERP system that will underpin the Parts Ordering, Material control Processes
- Ensure successful Integration P3's ERP Supplier Portal and or EDI interfaces to Tier 1 Parts suppliers
- Engagement with Tier 1 Parts suppliers to embed P3's Delivery Requirements and Standards
- Engage pro-actively with Tier 1 parts suppliers to get early-sensing of issues that would risk continued parts supply
- Technical and Commercial engagement with 4PL & 3PL Transportation Providers
- Logistics (4 & 3PL) contract Management à Transportation & Control Tower Operations
- Project planning and execution
- Confirming project status regarding Pre-Production and Series Production Readiness.
- Establish Parts & Material Control Process for Validation Builds; execute VP Parts Orders and ensure On-Time delivery
- Development of robust Material Control Ordering and Delivery Process and Procedures for Series Production.
- Develop Quick Reaction procedures and countermeasures to material Shortages to ensure no disruption to Production.
- Establish effective reporting procedures of Parts Delivery Status and implement corrective actions with suppliers
- Issuing of regular Parts schedules and forecasts to the supplier base and Transport Control Tower
- Training and development of Team Members
- Drive Supply Chain cost benefit initiatives with 4 & 3PL Transport Providers
- Root cause analysis and application of countermeasures for Supply issues between Tier 1 Suppliers and P3’s Warehouses.
- Travel to Tier 1 Part suppliers, Logistic suppliers, and Manufacturing facility
- and other tasks as assigned by a line manager
- Define and set optimal Parts Ordering and Inbound Supply Operational system and processes (Pre-Production & Series Production).
- Judge and evaluate commercial aspects from 4 & 3PL Transport providers
- Approve the issue of Parts Order Schedules to the supplier base, including exceptional orders
- Approve internal and external control documentation (both physical and electronic)
- Agree root cause analysis and countermeasure proposals where technical or commercial issues arise with the Logistics or Parts Suppliers
- Implementation of improvement and recovery activities to meet the needs of the program
- Manage a team of Parts Ordering and Material Control specialists
- Manage 4 & 3PL Provider contracts – ensuring all SLAs are achieved
- Manage internal and external Stakeholder expectations and requirements
- Ensure tasks for the project are cascaded and completed by the team
- Reporting project status for the team
- Establish the optimal processes and systems to provide a high-level delivery service from the Supplier to the P3's Receiving Point.
- Establish NPI Parts Ordering and Control Methods required for VP and PB builds. – Ensuring all the necessary processes, resources and communications are in place for a successful event(s)
- Establish regular Technical and Commercial engagement with 4 & 3PL Providers
- Confirm that the 4 & 3PL providers have the capability and capacity to achieve P3's operational and production volume goals
- Set annual SLA targets for 4 & 3PL providers, in terms of optimum QCD levels
- Define and establish an Advanced Shipping Notice system with the suppliers to enable robust parts tracking and control to the P3 Receiving point.
- Define and establish daily parts delivery status – instigate recovery actions for deliveries that are away from Plan
- Develop and coach the Material Control Specialists to be able to achieve requirements of their role.
- Identify project risks and ensure appropriate actions in place to minimize occurrence of risk.
- Ensure 4 & 3PL Providers project plans are in-line with P3 targets and complete regular project reviews and resolve issues as they arise.
- Take a lead role with the development and maturation of special delivery requirements to the P3 Receiving point
- Develop P3's External Logistics Operation standards – ensuring that all regulatory requirements are met
- Establish and maintain P3's External Logistics database, ensuring accurate 'attribute' data is available to input to the ERP system
- Support the establishment the External Logistics budget and manage any updates as part data matures.
- Ensure External Logistics expenditure is kept within the agreed budget and reported at each Program Gateway.
- Support supplier audits with the Supplier Development Team to confirm project status and Production readiness is on plans.
- Conduct Regular KPI Reviews with Parts and Logistics Providers, to form part of a Supplier Performance Score monitoring system
- Support Part Design change management process with Internal and External stakeholders, ensuring the planned run-out and run-in of old and new parts from the supplier
- Reporting project status to internal stakeholders.
REQUIRED SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Ability to Develop and apply an optimum QCD External Logistics supply strategy.
- Experience in Automotive or manufacturing Material Planning & logistics is essential.
- Demonstrable experience in the development of Parts Ordering and Control IT systems (defining ERP functionality to support the Inbound Supply Chain Operation)
- Demonstrable experience in managing an MP&L team
- Demonstrable experience in managing 4 and 3PL Provider contracts – ensuring SLA levels are consistently maintained
- Appreciation of manufacturing processes and how Parts supply can impact on them.
- Demonstrable high level of problem containment and resolution under tight deadlines
- Demonstrate a high degree of problem solving and have a logical approach to understand root cause and apply appropriate countermeasures.
- Demonstrate good project management skills (Prince 2 or Agile qualification desirable).
- Excellent leadership skills and cast a positive shadow
- Willingness to make recommendations and bring new innovative ideas to the table that will improve P3's business competitiveness.
- Ability to manage and use initiative for unplanned situations - be able to negotiate to overcome and resolve obstacles
- Working in a pressurized environment with changing and often conflicting priorities - Taking ownership of the project and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to work cross functionally and develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain suitable process metrics, KPI’s and SLA's
- Build and foster relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Have integrity when making decisions.
- Demonstrate Commercial acumen and Budgetary control
- Effective communication skills in both written and verbal.
- Achieve deadlines, work under pressure and remain resilient when faced with challenges.
- Act in a timely manner to prevent risks from the project impacting P3 milestones
SENIORITY LEVEL: Medium (5 years+)