- Establishing a fully transparent raw material and currency forecast process and model to calculate the future impact of market fluctuations on the vehicle cost with detail down to part level.
- Fixing with key suppliers at key component level a periodic material and/or exchange rate escalator in order to smooth out the future impact of market fluctuations over time.
- Create and deliver a reporting timetable to produce a monthly evaluation of all raw material & currency activities to fix a plan of action.
- Ensure that all raw material and exchange rate forecasts are fully transparent and understood and fed into the monthly forecast and annual budget process.
- Build and deliver a plan & system for procuring all necessary mass production related raw materials in line with the projected production plan and establish ongoing relationships with suppliers.
- To act as the primary point of contact and content expert for any and all issues relating to raw materials and exchange rates including relationships with 3rd party data providers.
- To manage one raw materials analyst (from 2023) including recruitment, managing activities and output as well as holding regular one to ones and the annual appraisal.
- and other tasks as assigned by a line manager
- Proposals should be structured through the relevant forums for approvals to be signed off.
- Management of one raw materials analyst including ensuring personal development, regular one to ones and appraisals.
- Designing and delivering the raw materials management processes and model including its inception and future continual improvement
- Responsible for controlling all raw material and exchange rate management activities including setting of escalators with key suppliers.
- Procurement and management of all production related raw materials.
- Production of raw material and currency forecasts and budgets
- Responsible for managing one raw material analyst.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experienced in managing and procuring raw materials ideally within automotive.
- Experienced in model building using Excel but also utilizing multiple external sources of data and information.
- Strategic thinking and ability to understand movements in the commodities and currency markets.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering continual improvements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in a “Startup” business is desirable
- Solid understanding of automotive vehicle attributes is desirable.
SENIORITY LEVEL: Medium (6 years+)