As the Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer, you will be responsible for working with a team of engineers to help define, design, and implement the assembly process and tools for an exciting new vehicle. You will work closely with the various other departments including Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, and the Launch team to ensure manufacturing strategies and processes are implemented successfully. The successful candidate will be responsible for assessing the design feasibility, planning the production facility, including the layout, equipment & tooling requirements, process documentation and launch support.
- Support the development and maturation of the Bill of Process, generating a BOP that is aligned to the current vehicle design and engineering assumptions, complete with synthetic process times to allow analysis and planning.
- Plan and execute the virtual build and manufacturing assessment of the current vehicle design, reporting to the wider business any issues and non-conformities identified.
- Work with the Vehicle Engineering team to identify and influence the vehicle design to suit manufacturing (DfX)
- Develop the virtual factory layout, aligning the design of the facility to the Bill of Process and produce efficient station layouts.
- Work with and manage suppliers to specify and design the production, testing and tooling equipment required to successfully produce the vehicle in a new, purpose-built facility.
- Input using your experience into the design and specification of business processes, procedures, and programs to support the development and growth of the business.
- Feed into and update the LIC (Latest Indicated Cost) status of the production facility equipment to ensure alignment with the programme budget.
- Analyse and develop the BMV & HPC values for the current BOP, allowing areas for improvement to be identified and acted upon. Generate process allocations that are aligned to the manufacturing capacity plan to ensure takt time is adhered to.
- and other tasks as assigned by a line manager
- This role is highly visible within the business. Involving high levels of autonomy and responsibility, reporting to the Lead Process Engineer.
- Ensure Manufacturing Feasibility of the Vehicle Design is quantified and matured through the Virtual Verification Series.
- Ensure Manufacturing Non-Conformities are identified and reported and then work with Vehicle Engineering to design them out.
- Ensure the Design and Specification of the manufacturing facility tooling, and equipment is matured in conjunction with the vehicle design.
- Ensure Latest Costs and Lead-Times are collated, and changes reported to ensure alignment with approved budgets.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience in a comparable role within a vehicle OEM or CMO environment.
- 3D CAD assessment for manufacturing feasibility, scoring, and categorizing non-conformities identified.
- 2D CAD (AutoCAD) experience in generating layouts would be desirable
- Experience with Jama or other requirements management system is desirable
- Experience using Teamcenter
- Experience using Vismockup is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in a “Start-up” business is desirable
SENIORITY LEVEL: Medium (6 years+)