- As a Senior Studio Engineer, you will support the Head of Studio Engineering to enable the product vision with the minimum possible compromise to Design, Engineering or Package.
- Provide guidance and facilitates Design and Engineering on all aspects of interior and exterior feasibility.
- Co-ordination of the feasibility checkpoint process.
- Driving feasibility assessment and resolution of issues found across all areas of Design, including surface development, perceived quality, CMF, and UX/UI.
- Provide guidance to Design on key systems, such as glass barrel, closures sweeps, wheel travel, and their effect on associated geometry, cutline, and optical quality.
- Identifying benchmarks along with supporting technical information that challenge Design and Engineering across all functions.
- Drives benchmarking activities to capture technical information and product understanding to drive Design and Engineering.
- Ensures consideration of key vehicle requirements affecting A-Surface (e.g., homologation, aero targets) and ensures these are robustly delivered.
- Utilizes CAD (preferably NX) to review, create and organize information from and for Design and Engineering.
- Ensuring released surfaces are aligned with agreements and decisions made and other tasks as assigned by a line manager.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent knowledge of English, Strategic thinking, excellent verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills | Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Demonstrable experience of Studio Feasibility development through to production A surface release.
- Demonstrable experience of leading the resolution of cross functional studio feasibility issues.
- Good understanding of occupant package including basics of ergonomics, such as reach, comfort clearances, visual obscuration, direct and indirect vision, ingress/egress, cargo requirements, and loading. Knowledge of human simulation packages such as RAMSIS are a plus.
- Has a good understanding of A-Surface development and Design approach?
- Is able to articulate Design musts and wants to Engineer and vice versa to drive convergence.
- Is familiar with homologation requirements including but not limited to ECE, FMVSS and GB standards.
- Excited by advances in automotive design and demonstrates an extensive knowledge of latest developments and what would be considered “State of the art”. Uses this knowledge to challenge Design, Engineering and Package to deliver the best possible outcome.
- Is experienced in the use of Siemens NX and Teamcenter for Product Data Management and has a working knowledge of common surfacing tools.
- Able to communicate efficiently and effectively through all forms of communication, as well as present technical reports confidently.
- Experience in a “Start-up” business is desirable but not essential for candidates with the right aptitude.
- Must be able to use MS Office, particularly PowerPoint, Excel, Project, and Word.
SENIORITY LEVEL & INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE: senior (8-20 years)
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- The opportunity to develop world-class solutions with cutting-edge technology
- Family-like, transparent, and very open business culture
- Courageous, curious, and entrepreneurial team members to work with
- Dog-friendly office
- Free coffee and healthy snacks in the office
- Team lunch once a week
- Flexible working hours and work from home