- Training and development of supplier engineers
- Project planning and execution with suppliers
- Quality validation of parts
- Volume verification
- Root cause and countermeasure of problems
- Confirming project status through auditing suppliers
- Support pre-production build events
- Travel to suppliers (Typically Europe and Asia)
- and other tasks as assigned by a line manager
- Judgement for supplier capability to supply parts (quality and delivery)
- Approve internal and supplier quality control documentation
- Approve parts for use in pre-production and mass production
- Agree root cause analysis and countermeasure proposals
- Implementation and improvement of process to meet the needs of P3
- Manage a team of supplier engineers
- Ensure tasks for the project are cascaded and completed by the team
- Reporting project status for the team
- Develop and coach the supplier engineers to be able to achieve requirements of their role.
- Identify project risks and ensure appropriate actions in place to minimise occurence of risk.
- Ensure supplier project plans are in-line with P3 targets and complete regular project reviews and resolve issues as they arise.
- Take a lead role with the development and maturation of the complex commodities.
- Confirm supplier capability and feed into the supplier nomination process.
- Develop suppliers where gaps exist against P3 requirements.
- Confirm design for manufacture and ensure issues raised are closed to meet project deliverables.
- Cascade key product characteristics to supplier and confirm they are included as part of supplier quality system.
- Inspection and validation of parts against engineering standards and resolve any non-conformances.
- Capacity planning and verification to check if supplier can achieve P3 volumes.
- Conduct regular audits at suppliers to confirm project status and process validation.
- Design change management with supplier.
- Reporting project status to internal stakeholders.
REQUIRED SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Design for Manufacture, Significant Characteristics, DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plans, Process Capability, and Measurement System Analysis
- OEE and Run at Rates.
- Read engineering drawings and understand measurement method and production validation requirements.
- Appreciation of manufacturing processes and key controls used in the automotive industry supply base.
- Demonstrate good project management skills (Prince 2 or Agile qualification desirable).
- Qualified engineer (ideally to degree level).
- Excellent leadership skills and cast a positive shadow
- Build and foster relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Have integrity when making decisions.
- Enjoy problem solving and have a logical approach to understand root cause and apply appropriate countermeasures.
- Effective communication skills in both written and verbal.
- Be able to negotiate to overcome and resolve obstacles.
- Achieve deadlines, work under pressure and remain resilant when faced with challenges.
- Willingness to learn, adopt new ideas and challenge existing methods.
- Take ownership of the project and provide solutions to problems.
- Act in a timely manner to prevent risks from the project impacting P3 milestones
SENIORITY LEVEL: Medium (5 years+)