- Project planning and execution with suppliers
- Quality validation of parts
- Volume verification
- Root cause and countermeasure of problems
- Confirming project status through auditing suppliers
- Support pre-production build events
- Design change management
- Travel to suppliers (Typically Europe and Asia)
- and other tasks as assigned by a line manager
- Judgement for supplier capability to supply parts (quality and delivery)
- Approve internal and supplier quality control documentation
- Approve parts for use in pre-production and mass production
- Agree root cause analysis and countermeasure proposals
- No direct reports, however responsible for management of supplier activities
- Identify project risks and ensure appropriate actions in place to minimize occurrence of risk
- Ensure supplier project plans are in-line with P3 targets and complete regular project reviews and resolve issues as they arise
- Confirm design for manufacture and ensure issues raised are closed to meet project deliverables
- Cascade key product characteristics to supplier and confirm they are included as part of supplier quality system
- Inspection and validation of parts against engineering standards and resolve any non-conformances
- Capacity planning and verification to check if supplier can achieve P3 volumes
- Conduct regular audits at suppliers to confirm project status and process validation
- Design change management with supplier
- Reporting project status to internal stakeholders
REQUIRED SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Design for Manufacture, Significant Characteristics, DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plans, Process Capability, and Measurement System Analysis
- OEE and Run at Rates.
- Read engineering drawings and understand measurement method and production validation requirements.
- Appreciation of manufacturing processes and key controls used in the automotive industry supply base.
- Demonstrate good project management skills (Prince 2 or Agile qualification desirable).
- Qualified engineer (ideally to degree level).
- Build and foster relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Have integrity when making decisions.
- Enjoy problem solving and have a logical approach to understand root cause and apply appropriate countermeasures.
- Effective communication skills in both written and verbal.
- Be able to negotiate to overcome and resolve obstacles.
- Achieve deadlines, work under pressure, and remain resilient when faced with challenges.
- Willingness to learn, adopt new ideas and challenge existing methods.
- Take ownership of the project and provide solutions to problems.
- SENIORITY LEVEL: Low (2 years+)