- Designing and building the internal procurement processes and models to analyze cost movements within the vehicle Bought Out Parts cost at set intervals throughout the project and mass production phases.
- Developing the data infrastructure and integrity to enable greater depth of analysis and understanding into the vehicle cost movements. This includes supporting and testing the implementation of a new ERP system and integrating with the existing PLM system.
- Creating the reporting timetable to align with the programme team and overall project schedule to deliver planned periodic evaluations of all vehicle cost activities to the wider P3 business.
- Ensure that all periodic vehicle cost movements & forecasts are fully transparent and understood and reported to the finance team in a detailed and timely manner.
- Ensure that all pro-active procurement activities are fully supported and can be reported through the vehicle cost processes including monitoring ACD and tracking actuals
- To act as a support function to the procurement teams and content expert relating to cost movements and drivers relating to vehicle cost
- To manage one vehicle cost analyst (from 2023) including recruitment, managing activities and output as well as holding regular one to ones and the annual appraisal
- and other tasks as assigned by a line manager
- Proposals should be structured through the relevant forums for approvals to be signed off.
- Management of one vehicle cost analyst including ensuring personal development, regular one-to-ones, and appraisals.
- Building a comprehensive and fully transparent vehicle cost model to support procurement and process including ongoing continual improvement
- Owning the timetable for reporting and evaluating internal procurement cost changes
- Ensuring the wider P3 business has access to understanding the drivers for changes in vehicle cost
- Management of one cost analyst
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experienced in project costing/serial environments ideally within automotive.
- Experience in model building using Excel but also utilizing multiple external sources of data and information.
- Strategic thinking and ability to understand and explain the impact of price movements on the business.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering continual improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in a “Startup” business is desirable
- Solid understanding of automotive vehicle attributes is desirable.
SENIORITY LEVEL: Medium (6 years+)