Within the P3 Vehicle Engineering Group, the Vehicle Integration department is responsible for the management and delivery of customer attributes, requirements cascade, prototype properties and validation activities.
Reporting directly to the Lead Vehicle Engineer, the Vehicle Properties Manager will be responsible for establishing and managing the delivery plan and ongoing control of all vehicle prototypes and test properties, inclusive of rigs, bucks, mules, prototypes, and reference vehicles.
Project 3 Mobility is a growing start-up which aims to change mobility as we know it, so if you are motivated to make a shift in your career now is the time! We are at the beginning of a long and promising journey, so come and join us to make your mark.
- Translate all stakeholder requirements, deliver vehicle prototypes, and test properties to meet timing and budget constraints.
- Work with the vehicle property owners to scope out the most appropriate delivery plan.
- Identify and communicate the impact of prototype engineering on vehicle attributes.
- Create costed bill of materials for each prototype build, work with Finance team to control the prototype vehicle build budget.
- Collate all design validation parts requirements and factor into build planning phases.
- Engage with external engineering resource, establishing roles and responsibilities as required to maintain the delivery plan.
- Develop and lead the status reporting to all levels of the business.
- Identify risks and opportunities in the delivery plan, define recommendations and co-ordinate solutions.
- Assist in the running of the prototype fleet and apportioning of development testing.
- Support additional tasks as assigned by management.
DECISION MARKING AUTHORITIES
- Review and approve each property request to ensure alignment with the Design Verification Plan and Programme timing.
- Management of the delivery of each property to ensure efficient and timely completion.
- Lead ‘OK-To-Build' reviews for prototype builds, confirming whether to proceed or plan to resolve with appropriate timing and actions.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Proven experience in vehicle engineering and/or vehicle programme management role.
- Good understanding of vehicle systems and component technology.
- Experience in working with prototype vehicles and properties.
- Excellent teamworking skills to ensure effective communication and collaboration across cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and methodical individual, able to work well under own initiative.
- Experience in a “Start-up” business is desirable.
- Experience using Teamcenter and Smartsheet is desirable.
- Willing to travel as required.
SENIORITY LEVEL: Medium (3 years+)
REPORTS TO: Lead Vehicle Engineer